Monday 22 October 2007

Knitting! scarves and bolero's!


I loved the super easy lace pattern and while I am not sure about the shedding from my previous Sublime version, I still like it! and decided to have a go using a ball of Rowan kidsilk haze, as recommended by our tutor. I'm using size 5.5mm needles (because I've not sew it seams got a pair of 6mm and 5.5mm are quite large enough!!) and already the scarf is growing!

My pal at work, Heather, wasn't convinced that one ball will be enough, I am to knit it and report back before she commences! Another student from Creative Textiles class called to store and bought a ball in a blue shade, we'll have to compare scarves after half term!


Decided to run the two projects side by side (cough!) if I'd stopped and looked and realised I'd picked up another sideways styled project I might have had second thoughts! but we had a good bargain with the pattern booklet for free and £5 reduction from yarn purchases. I've not heard from Ann in a while, she has a visitor/old school pal, from Australia, over for a reunion - I must find out if Elizabeth, her daughter, has knitted hers up yet!

Its nice yarn, ggh from RKM Wools and while I had a few scary moments wondering what language the pattern is written in and why I couldn't, apparently, work it out! it all seamed that bit clearer after a bottle of red!
(actually by the end of the bottle, I'd cast the knitting aside and couldn't have cared less!)

Too soon to say how successful it will be, I'll knit some more and report later.

No comments: