Wednesday 10 October 2007

Another top with lace and embroidery




Ignore the slightly scary hair that look like it would prefer not to be associated with the photo or ME indeed! and the failed red eye removal.
This is me wearing the pink top I made from this New Look pattern and you'll see that I've added a rather super embroidery from one of my Late Mother's embroidery cards, a Brother design boutique florals 1, design 10 and some pretty lace trim at the neckline!
I can't lie. I had to. Add the lace. On account of I forgot my bearings and in the making up process failed first to account for the two seam allowances at the back to be elminated when I placed the pattern on the fold to take out the unnecessary seam, and then I went a bit mad with the fusing and pressing and somehow managed to not only fuse strips of interfacing TO the iron, but also stretched the neckline.
Trying to work out quite how successfully I will manage to CONvince dh tonight that it was HE that "burnt" the iron sole plate. The strips/evidence, however, make it a bit obvious? Never mind. could do with a new iron!
You'll see that a bit of fierce stitching at the point where the fronts cross over holds it all nicely in place and preserves my modesty should I feel the need to bow or curtsey I can feel assured that no one will faint. or laugh.
This time I made the top 3" longer that the viewE, but 2" shorter than the full lengthed versions and I'm pleased with that, at least!
Being a slightly thicker fabric, I had to be careful seaming and this time used a twin needle and the roller foot and left the inside flapped "front" loose and well trimmed shorter than the hemmed back and outer "front".

2 comments:

Jules said...

It looks GREAT! I'm also glad I'm not the only one to "glue" something to the ol' iron!;0)lol

SewIknit2 said...

its SEW annoying when you do this!