Sunday 22 June 2008

You can never have too many ..


... pincushions, needlecases .. and bras!

Here I show a super little tartan silk with a polycotton pincushion with another crazy patch themed needlecase obtained from the web as a freebie - SEW useful to fling into bag or grab when the moment strikes to move downstairs for some stitching! Quick to make and a stash buster too.



This pattern is rapidly becoming my favourite! I've made another two bras from this pattern, the first in all white dotty powernet with clear rings and sliders and just a hint of stretch lace in white across the top of the upper cups - all fabrics and notions, again, from Michelle of English Couture as before.


I've made the beige up several times but this time I added a cream upper cup lace and slightly wider shoulder straps, all sourced from last year's Sewing for Pleasure show from Michelle's stand. The pattern adaptation I did to the cups is much better but I'll continue to work on perfecting it as this pattern is more modern than my former "regular" bra pattern.

LOADS more lace and powernet! Next planned are a black, pink and cream set of bras.

My two summer skirts are fully hemmed and ready to wear now! Delicious little rolled hems complete the garments - lets hope for the weather to enjoy them.

No comments: