Tuesday 24 June 2008

Sunglasses cases (sewn)

A pair of sunglasses cases sewn up today using my cyber-sew-pal Carol's rather fabbo easy-peasy-lemon-squeezy pattern! This pattern is made up in no time, largely because its SEW useful it doubles as a rotary cutter case and a scissor case with just a bit of pattern enlarging.

I did cut out and prepare a rather super case for myself which requires a red zip so I shall have to wait until Thursday until I get to the shop for supplies before making my own.



If they look odd shaped, its because they've got sunglasses inside them.

I've used fabric and zips from stash too - another great stash buster! the cammo fabric is a sort of peachskin type water resistant outerwear that is long left over from a children's jacket making spree of years ago and the zips are at least 10-12yrs old purchased at a now closed discount outlet for mere pennies. Years ago, when the lads were "small" I used to make up all their raincoats and these zips saw me through countless variations and I think I've got about 4 left now - brilliant value! I used wadding and some green ripstop nylon to interline and line the cases.

I offered to embroider their names down the cases but no.2.son raised his eyebrows and muttered about not being 4yrs old and no.1.son didn't even bother to look up from his PS.3 (so thats another no, then? being as he is a teenager, he often doesn't bother to respond - mostly he acts like I'm some sort of weird housemaid thats popped up from nowhere with ridiculous requests like could he gather empty glasses and put them in sink, please - like I said, largely he ignores me).

No comments: