Friday 13 June 2008

Yarn Bargains



oh dear .. and I SEW was not going to do this again! buy up yummy yarn BARGAINS!

Never mind, I managed to resist for a whole week the temptation to visit the shop with the Rowan bargains despite the hysterical screechings of various knitty-pals who stopped by clutching bags and wafting loveliness at us ..
Even though I had, originally, planned to buy some Rowan Cocoon to make up one of the garments in 42 but resisted due to cost I STILL stuck to my resolve in NOT rushing down to grab a bag.
All this hysterical loveliness and screeching got to me in the end, and this week I rushed down myself to grab a couple of bargains :

A bag of 10 Cocoon in shade Shale down from £69.50 to £20.00
A bag of 5 Kidsilk Spray shade 572 for just £1 a ball! (usually £7.50 a ball!)

Now to get back to knitting! with all these bargains filling up my stash basket I ought to make an effort to finish my ongoing projects?

6 comments:

makeitsew07 said...

LOL this ought to go very nicely with the 27m's of grey flannel in your stash..
Nice score ! We'll have to post a UFO challenge now.

(running and ducking - oooh nice cushion you just threw at me!)

mooncalf said...

You would have been mad to leave those bargains behind. Totally mad. Excellent shopping!

SewIknit2 said...

DEBS! you are just a total mad-mare! look out for incoming HUGE cushions, heavily embroidered, of course! ;-)

and Mooncalf, you are SEW right! it would have been total madness to ignore such a bargain, thanks!

Sue

makeitsew07 said...

standing here with arms outstretched, just waiting for the lovely cushions to come my way.. hmm.. I think one is made from grey flannel !! No problem, grey goes with everything!
ggggg

SewIknit2 said...

STAND still, while I just tighten the looong arms on this jacket - equally heavily embroidered, of course! AND grey flannel!!
its lucky I suppose, that I do like grey!!
Sue

makeitsew07 said...

:) it's chilly enough that a grey flannel jacket will be quite comfy, but I certainly hope you'll hold my tea for me to drink, because for some reason the arms seem to be tied behind me and I can't reach them..