Tuesday 17 June 2008

Picked up the needles & crazy patch resource/lessons

Last night I picked up the needles again! and am now continuing with the Rowan project, Viv, V-neck tunic. Tempted as I was to start a new project I am resolved to finishing this one FIRST.

Talking with my knitting-pal, Sally, on Sunday, she was knitting up a yummy black, grey and white fairisle cardi and we decided it would be more sensible to knit for autumn/winter NOW so as to be ready for the season when it arrives! And the way the weather has been lately, this isn't a bad idea! (ccc-cold!!).
For instance, I am desperate to knit a summer top in Bamboo Tape! but realistically with the holiday fast approaching, I'm not going to get this done, I should have started it ages ago! am better off looking seriously at my recent bargain of Cocoon and starting something in that to get a reasonable chance of finishing it in time.

Elsewhere I read on Ravelry that local House of Fraser has had HUGE sale of Rowan and Patons yarn the stock has come from a Bristol store that has closed down but I am absolutely NOT going to even go to see whats left.

Tempted too, to pick up the needle singular! the lovely SharonB has posted a link to a resource of crazy patch lessons to download and her blog is always worth checking out to read and keep up to date with.

I would like to plan a CP project as I enjoyed very much the smaller samples and mini projects undertaken in creative textiles course but FIRST I must finish - or rather START! - my summer skirt mammoth task; I have 3 lengths of fabric draped over the bannister waiting to be cut out today and I will update with photo's progress on the knitty Viv and the skirts soon.

No comments: