Sunday 16 March 2008

Yarn samples to explore colour

To explore the theme of colour we were challenged to knit samples and I chose some basic colours and worked mostly stripes but one or two of the patterns come from either the vogue sock book, magazines or the beaded book loaned from library.

Some of the scraps of felting got used too this time with my newest gadget the hand needles for felting I bought a couple of weeks ago!


Rather yummingly addictive, I got into the habit of taking the foam and fibres downstairs and could be found crunching away with my needle while watching tv late into the evening!
I don't actually advise this. I nearly fainted after I crunched into my finger while watching a particularly exciting part of Ashes to Ashes and it was lucky we've got this swish tv digital thingie whereby live tv can be paused and rewound, while I mopped the blood .. the family are not keen either, they say the "noise" (think munchie/crunchie noise and then think pace quickens depending upon the tv action) interferes with the atmosphere.

Here are two further samples worked on with my needle felting kit.

No comments: