Friday 14 March 2008

Excitement over patterns!

been FAR too busy to even try and see if blogger would co-operate with my missing photo's!
been BUSY instead with PATTERN!

Thought would pick something terribly easy : "tiles" and quilted some tile patterns on a sandwich of cottons and wadding and leave it at that! INSTEAD, something stirred and whirred inside the depths of my brain and before I knew I was galloping across fields whizzing off all sorts of creative stitch AND, further more! I even DREW some ideas! My youngest son got caught up in it and within 3.5seconds had drawn several lots MORE than I had, of patterns too! (managed to scrunch his toe hard with my foot as I "thanked" him - grrr! ) Promptly found MORE ideas and inspiration after going for a walk in the evening with dh. (he wondered why I was staring hard at the pavement at the top of one road, breathing heavily, he wondered if the pace was perhaps too quick? no! I managed to shriek! its the PAVEMENT! look!? see? the PATTERN? .. hmmm - maybe I have taken it too seriously, I mean! the PAVEMENT?

Wondering now, how to manage to take photo's OF the pavement without arousing suspicion from the shopkeepers who might fear am taking shots as evidence for, perhaps, some tripping up accident? Wondering, further, how to manage to take shots of the neighbouring streets' garden walls to progress the tile pattern into ironwork without looking like am taking shots to suss the places out before robbing them! gulp .. this course COULD well get me into much trouble!

No comments: