Monday 3 March 2008

Library Books! (and knitting mags)

I was lucky enough to get hold of a copy of 25 beaded knits beautiful designs in stylish colours, Debbie Abrahams last week from my local library and a super book this is too! I think I'll splash out and buy a copy, perhaps at the forthcoming sewing show! I quite fancy the "Bubbly Knitting Bag" on page 15 as this will be an opportunity for me to thoroughly frighten myself with COLOUR!! but I think I'll also do the "Scrooge Wrist-Warmers" on page 92 as I can be less terrified of CABLES while still trying out a few different techniques.

The other book I've got is Stitch'n bitch The Knitters Handbook, Debbie Stoller, and this is a good read too. I've decided that books will be on my shopping list for the show this year, if anyone has any recommendations knitty or otherwise, do please share details!

This months Simply Knitting magazine has a rather nice toe-up sock pattern in it which can be downloaded free too - I've not done a toe up and quite fancy saving this for a future project.

No comments: