Sunday 16 March 2008

Stitch! explore pattern

Our homework for this week was to explore pattern within stitch (or knitting).

I chose to machine some samples and after my no.2.son.12yrs helped me by producing a sheet of patterns (and muttered about how it OUGHT to be "mum" helping him and not other way round!) following my rather basic contribution of a square of machine quilted lines to represent "tiles" which was my chosen pattern, I got rather carried away and couldn't then STOP!

I've tried to use a variety of fabrics and techniques and am rather pleased with the results.
An opportunity, too, to get out some of my machine feet and I tried using my couching foot for the first time and had some fun making cord with some of the super threads we'd got as freebies from our friend on the course last week (you can see it on the zig zag couched cord on the left).

No comments: