Monday 10 March 2008

Blogs of interest

While I wait for Blogger to decide to upload my photos, some blogs I've enjoyed reading/looking at lately:

Cyber sewing pal, Viva, found this blog and certainly its super to see some bits of yumminess, especially like the Celtic knot, family portrait project looks interesting too!

I LOVE this post in particular! I can't wait to buy my own Embellisher! Certainly Allie has some confidence to try this! Check out the demin/lace project she embarked using her Embellisher on a shirt!

And I LOVE this blogger! she's captured the feeling exactly! that of the almost inevitable disappointment as you knit your way expensively through a pattern to disover it either looks nothing like the pattern OR doesn't fit OR both!!

Just for sure usefulness and good sewing sense, I love reading The Secret Pocket and hemming trousers article in particular given that I have in the past made a LOT of (boys) trousers and always did find it frustrating to catch a ripple at the inseam - grrr!

OUCH! Poor Val! but how heroic to continue and buy further supplies of yummy fabric!! Hope the trip to dentist wasn't too expensive, I mean painful! The collage of photo's of the quilts are super, do be sure to click to enlarge and enjoy those on the bottom row!!

Cyber sewing pal Butterfly has been busy baking! YUMMINESS in lots of BAGS! and spotted, too, she's cut into those vintage goodies and made her own placemats - they look really SUPER and I bet they sell well!!

1 comment:

dawn said...

Why thank you!