Tuesday 14 August 2007

WHERE to start!?

EEK! what a terribly busy few weeks! and what TERRIBLE weather, again! in fact terrible is a good word for me right now!

First off, to sum up, my main pc downstairs has decided to go on strike. again. had to send begging messages and promises of large JD's all round to my brother, David, again for more HELP!? Luckily he's resigned to this and normally is quite stoic about it all and has promised to come over and sort me out with something or other to do with disks that need reloading.

That leaves us all now fighting upstairs over the lads' pc! which isn't dignified and isn't all that successful considering at least ONE of them is inches taller than me!

Quite a bit of celebrating too! Jul/Aug are good months for us as we have my birthday closely followed by one of my brothers in Aug which follows on from my other brother and one of our sons in the July! In the "old days" the celebrations used to LAST through july-aug too! but we're not such big drinkers now as once we used to be!

Knitting wise, I've finished the Sirdar Just Bamboo top and it looks quite nice. I'm disappointed in it overall as its rather large! I'd say 1-2 sizes and of course its starting to sag a bit and I had a panicky moment (its very light to wear) whereby I thought it had dropped away!! Still. its had three outings and overall I like the yarn and the pattern.

I decided against the frill in the end kept it plain. You'll see from the pictures that its really not best suited for my narrow and sloping shoulders and I'd rework the shoulders and neck in the event I make it again. which I might. as my local outlet has a 25% sale until October!

Then I had my birthday! yay!! In reality we don't in fact do that much to celebrate, however this year I had a couple of pals visit me while at work on the Sat and I went out for coffee and took a loooong break to catch up on gossip which was nice! I booked the day off for the Sunday and my stepfather, Graham, knocked the door Sat pm and took us out for a couple of glasses of wine! Friday, I should have mentioned before, Les took the day off work and we had an afternoon bbq before heading off for a glass of wine and watch the latest Harry Potter film. (which the lads enjoyed. I took it all in and was glad of the peace and quiet and spent half the film thinking about my OWN knitting projects and the other half looking at all the HP knitting that I've noticed before and wondered whether to buy the Charmed Knits book in the hopes of finding at least ONE of the cardigans!!). Les endured the film. I could tell he was bored. but he too was glad of the peace and quiet!!

Just as well we had a busy weekend of celebrating, Sunday my ACTUAL birthday was a washout! not weather wise! it was forecast to be poor and ended up being LOVELY and SUNNY. and we found ourselves stuck! Eventually we went out to a pub for a drink a bit of a drive around the countryside and came home for an Indian takeaway! We watched a dvd that Les had selected from Tesco months ago which we'd not watched, The Island, I think. it was okay. we had to do a bit of enduring to get through that at times!

No comments: