Thursday 16 August 2007

Rewriting the Pattern (and reknitting the left front!)



A bit painful and tedious! BUT after knitting the left front on this Patons Secret Garden shaped cardigan TWICE already, finding the instructions confusing, I finally gave IN and sat and wrote it all out!

Don't look too hard! you'll see I didn't quite trust myself and added the stitches increased and decreased too!! oh well, at least I can be fairly reassured it will at least be CORRECT in the end.

What confused me was the remembering of the simultaneous shaping happening on both sides at different rows but within the same set of rows. I'm sure I could have heaved and tugged and frightened the poor front into shape, but can't guarantee to match the right front later as well!

There are no more than 30 odd stitches at anyone time and 5.5mm needles mean this isn't too big a job to rework just tedious being the THIRD attempt!

No comments: