Monday 20 August 2007

Knitting : projects progress and the show!


This is the book I forgot to upload before purchased on our wrong day out, I mean grand day out. Its quite nice and its a nice "read" but nothing in it inspires me to rush out and buy 47 different colours just to try it and prove that colour can be fun!

My Patons secret garden project is coming along nicely, now that I've written out the shaping for the fronts, its been a doddle to knit up, and the left front was knitted over the weekend and I'm just in the final stages of armhole shaping on the right front and have the ribbed section done on the first of the sleeves too.

Next I need to start thinking about what to work on - shall it be the wool sideways jacket? or shall it be the DB pure silk cardigan? (OR will it be something NEW from the latest Rowan collection) (OR will it be something completely NEW from the latest knitting and stitch show and exhibition at the NEC next month!?)

My long time sewing-pal (and now knitting-pal too as we've both "refound knitting" big time at the same time!) Ann and her daughter, Elizabeth, are also planning to go and as yet we're undecided to the day but as I'm only working on the Friday, it leaves thurs/sat/sun free.

I like going to the shows and my knitting pal, Sally, who is our local Rowan Consultant and therefore a "colleauge" too has suggested that next year we look further afield to go out to shows and exhibitions outside of our locality! We've decided we'll go together and will look forward to planning some rather more adventurous ones than just the NEC!

My (late) Mother had two sewing friends she made who lived locally and turned out to be two of Gill Arnold's students who would regularly travel together to attend classes and workshops on a variety of sewing and related needlecrafts without turning a hair! mind. its easier when you don't have a family to moan and groan at you! not that mine would. necessarily. in fact they'd probably be PLEASED I was out from under their feet and stopping them from doing "boys" things like watching sport on tv! All this will CHANGE from September! from SEPTEMBER I will be changing my working schedule to free up 3 out of every 4 weekends and work week DAYS instead! This ought to improve our "family life" by giving us free time together when we're all at home together at the same time!
it WILL mean, however, that 3 days a week we'll be eating later and we'll have to hope the lads get on top of their homework in a timely fashion or we'll all be up till midnight!

No comments: