Thursday 30 August 2007

socks! are done!!


My 3rd pair of socks are done! Using Trekking XXL yarn, I'm only knitting a very basic pattern and determined to knit a few to get to grips with sock knitting on DPN's I'm now scouring the net in search of yummy sock patterns a bit more adventurous!!

My sideways wrap cardigan is coming along very well and the knitting is a real pleasure (so far!).

Today I managed to track a source of "boiled wool" fabric! hurrah! samples and prices are on their way to me and I plan to make up some jackets.

Last remaining days before start of new term in September for the lads, we plan a day out, possibly to the local garden show held annually this weekend, Sunday probably! (secretly I'm hoping for a craft hut there like I seem to remember there being from years ago!!).

New Look sewing patterns are reduced until Mid September and I've had my eye on a couple but need to sort out my plans which WILL include sensible sewing for a new wardrobe!

oops! I seem to have gone all varigated, like my yarn!

No comments: