Sunday 26 August 2007

Day Trip out




On Saturday we had a day trip out to Curborough Antiques and Craft Centre which was a lovely drive out even though it was not easy to find and we had to stop at nearby garden centre for directions (the signposting is appalling!).

Of course I couldn't resist buying some sock yarn from The Knitting Corner! and Andrew picked up an old tennis racquet too! for £3.00. We had tea and cake in "Mabels Tea Room" and icecream from the farm shop to finish the trip before finding a lovely pub in nearby Lichfield. The weather was great! and surprisingly all the family enjoyed our day out!!

Its the Bank Holiday weekend and I am off work, hence the trips! and today we are having a bbq in the garden (Sunday) and tomorrow we're off to visit my SIL and her family together with my other SIL who is travelling down from Newcastle. We're planning to have lunch out, possibly at their restaurant, which we've not been to so far!

Last week or so of the school holidays, all the usual tasks like school uniforms and shoes are done! just enjoying the last of the summer mostly in the garden! My second sock is nearly complete and the Patons Flower Garden cardi only requires the front band knitting and THEN I shall choose my NEXT PROJECT!!

No comments: