Friday 3 August 2007

Update (Sirdar Just Bamboo) (80's revival) (Rowan book)

Not far off finishing my just bamboo project. getting quite excited TO finish it now!
I had a reply from Sirdar regarding my query on the yarn appearing to change in thickness throughout some of the balls.
They won't confirm its the "character" of this type of yarn and suggest I pack the project and post it to them for examination!
At the moment I am reluctant to do this; my friend, Ann, is waiting to hear about her similar query some 3 weeks now and while she had a refund against her purchase from the store, I would like to keep mine and being a "top" is not quite as noticeable as a cardigan where the difference in thickness yielded through the knitting up is more marked.
I don't think I'd knit with this yarn again, though not so much because of the query, rather I want to move ON and knit with other yarns!
I was rather dismayed to read that apparently, knittingly, we are to have an 80's revival! in yarns (mohairs) and patterns/styles!
aaggghhhhh!!
THIS is about the time I stopped! knitting! just after I got rather sick OF mohair and 80's styles and patterns! I could not believe it when I read this!!

I'm still waiting (almost) PATIENTLY for my copy of the latest Rowan book to fall through my letterbox!!
Have managed to resist looking through store copies in two shops over recent few days!
I have had a sneaky look at the companion new books, and got close enough to the stashed NEW YARNS coming in to feel quite FAINT at the thought of the battering our bank account might have to endure!!
I'm disappointed my copy has not arrived yet! one would think the benefit of being a member is that you at least get the book at the earliest opportunity if not before the general knitting public!?

No comments: