Saturday 8 December 2007

Seasonal Sewing & our Christmas Tree



It doesn't photo terribly well, however this is the 2nd of the free Christmas projects using paper piecing technique and I'm really rather pleased with myself a/ for learning a new technique and b/ for USING recently purchased xmas themed FQ's and c/ for actually FINISHING it!!
I wish, however, that I'd used one of the red prints for the "red" above however as I say it doesn't PHOTO terribly well and does, infact, look rather striking in the cloth, sew to speak ..



I had to buy some green and gold star fabric in order to "back" the project I just mentioned before, and I had enough left over to just give sufficient cut in half and sewed to seam, for a backing for THIS lovely piece of fabric that was sent to me years ago by a cyber-sew-pal and I decided to quilt it and fling it under my fruit bowls in the dining room for a festive flourish!

On both of my quilty projects I've gone for simple stitch-in-the-ditch st.st up and down using the walking foot facility and on this one, you can just see I've trimmed the backing fabric and brought it up and folded it to enclose the top print panel to "finish it off". The pins will indicate that this isn't quite finished, but it will be very soon!

Seasonally, SEW, I feel quite PLEASED with myself! the tree is UP! most of the presents are BOUGHT! and I've sewn some super themed projects!



This is our Christmas tree! Our cats are not terribly sure about it. We put it up last weekend while they were asleep. They've been suspicious of it, mostly, all week. Lilly quite likes it, though, and she does have a habit of trying to get INTO the tree, she can be found hiding all curled under it and we've spotted her running off with the smaller gold baubles which she's knocked off the tree and are highly suspicious of WHY it is that the TOP of the tree is apparently "broken" and suspect at least one of them has attempted to get INTO the tree. It wouldn't be Bertie; he's much too much of a big-girls-blouse I mean big muscular cat to be wanting to be a big fairy atop the tree .. ..

No comments: