Saturday 8 December 2007

CROCHET! learning to chrochet!



YAY! I CAN DO IT!
Okay, I can just about stick my hook INTO a ball of yarn and an hour later come out with a 3" lopsided rapidly decreasing not quite SQUARE of something that looks spookily SIMILAR to the pattern as photographed in the BOOK!

I must THANK all my cyber pals who have suggested websites that have photo or video tutorials and general information on CROCHET and invite others, too, to share with me any that THEY might think I might be needing!!

Most SPECIFICALLY, WHY oh WHY am I getting a "smaller" piece of test crocheting?
At first I realised it was the "turning chain" bit that I had been missing, but even SEW it still seems to be getting smaller and smaller as I progress - I've tried to watch how many chains I've got on the go - maybe I'm miscounting? missing chains? or is there some SECRET to keeping it nice and level - if YOU can crochet (better still if you've recently learned yourself and are now IN THE KNOW and feeling rather PLEASED with yourself!) PLEASE let know!!

No comments: