Thursday 13 December 2007

Crafty Books (embroidery)


I've raided the library catalogue service again! Borrowed a super selection of crafty books, mostly "embroidery".

I plan to learn a few hand stitches and am definitely going to look further at "Blackwork" too!

I've finished reading my Vogue ultimate sock book, finally! last night! and a super read it was too! I thoroughly enjoyed reading about the history and tradition of socks around the world and I'm pleased I bought the book, although, to be honest, I think I'd use (and find easier to use) the PATTERNS for ACTUAL socks from my More Sensational Knitted Socks book out of preference. which REMINDS me, I must MUST finish jitterbug sock 2!

Side tracked, slightly, with crochet I've put aside my knitting but I do plan to pick up each of my projects and work further on them, I've been remiss lately!
Sewing, too, has slipped somewhat - I've been madly making up seasonal articles but now I think I'll return to the matter of lining my latest JACKET to which I've already got two different skirts just waiting for its completion!

Already I'm starting to think of New Years Resolutions! and top of the list MUST be to FINISH things off BEFORE starting anew!! (SEW, whats NEW?)

Do YOU make and keep New Years Resolutions? Please vote at my poll!

4 comments:

Val said...

I've got to the stage where I'm waiting for AFTER CHRISTMAS so I can get on with all the ideas I have burgeoning in my brain! And definitely I make resolutions...keeping them is another ball game!

SewIknit2 said...

ah. yes. err. KEEPING them .. maybe that will be my NEXT poll!
there is certainly a lot of stuff whirring about in the depths of MY brain, craftily of course!
Have you broken up for Christmas yet with your students? I suppose you can set your own terms and timetable?

Jules said...

Thanks for the well wishes Sue! We are better-always are when you're in your own house & in your own bed.;)lol
Your books look like a good find. Email me in the future at mjswaim "at" valornet "dot" com (without the spaces & words of course;)

SewIknit2 said...

Glad you are fine, hadn't seen you about in a while and I did wonder.
I've noted your email
Happy Christmas wishes to you and your family!
Sue