Sunday 18 March 2012

Happy Mother's Day!

In the UK we are celebrating Mothering Sunday today and while I don't have a Mother (alive) of my own, I am infact a "mum" myself! to two lovely young-adult son's who no doubt see today as a bit tedious assuming they even remember or note the day!!

When my own Mother was alive, our tradition was to make up a basket filled with fresh fruits and deliver it to her in the afternoon and enjoy a small celebratory meal with home made cake & occasionally a glass of wine!  My brother would also make an appearance.  We kept this up even when I had my own children and indeed while she was alive, generally thought of "mother's day" as being HER day she being MOTHER.  I look forward to the day when my own son's "treat" me to a Mother's Day tradition but expect it will be some time off yet ..

Wishing all "mums" a happy mothering sunday and hoping you get cards, flowers or something nice from your own children ..

me celebrating with my late mother
Cheers!

No comments: