Monday 30 May 2011

New babies in the family!










In Feb/Mar 2011 both of my sil's children safely delivered granddaughter - Maisie and grandson - Arthur and presented an opportunity for me to knit BABY STUFF!

Above are photo's of various items knit for each from the Sirdar baby bamboo book that I purchased.
In addition I knit a pair of Little Teddy Bears by Laura Long as published in Yarn Forward mag (now renamed KNIT) issue 27.

I used a selection of yarns for the various projects - Sirdar Baby Bamboo for the stripy hoodie, cable jumper, and little Sailor Girl which is in fact a Sublime pattern as published in The Knitter, issue 19.  Sirdar Snuggly DK for the bolero cardigan and a mix of left over yarns for the tiny baby socks.
For the duffel coat I used a pack of really cheap dk yarn from a local PoundStretcher and it lends itself well to the design of the garment but not as "nice" to knit with! excellent value though!

Thanks! to my longtime cyber-Sew-Pal-Jan for her bag pattern! I've used this no end of times to make "baby gift" bags and craft bags too and its just PERFECT!  The fabrics came from Cotton Patch.

Both babies are adorable as you'd expect! and both very much welcomed to the family none more so than Claire's "little bean" - Maisie who will I'm sure bring something to her more so than any other "new mum".   You can read about her and follow her fight to relearn to walk here as well as see more pics of her adorable baby!

No comments: