Wednesday 20 June 2012

Wendy Knits Summer Mystery Shawl 2012

hurrah! part one gave instructions on yarn and sizing and clue one has arrived today!
I have decided upon the lovely 4ply from Knitting Goddess in semi solid, Coral, and plan to knit the "nupps" (apparently its "nupp" as in "soup" and not "cup"! must remember!)
Thanks to the lovely ladies in the ravelry group there is a super video tutorial showing how to "knit" a nupp using a crochet hook which makes it easy peasy!
I did do a trial of 5st nupps on my swatch using the knitting needles but think this will make the job easier - I have a feeling there are a LOT of nupps!

I knit a sample in 3.75mm and 4mm needles, washed it, dried it and left it over night before measuring - how good am I!?

Tonight I plan to CO and commence part/clue one!


I finished, too, the left sock that I am knitting for no.1.son's friend who has a birthday next month - the pattern is lovely! and I can't wait to finish so I can CO for me!!

This is one view of the lovely pattern for the left sock in size small


No comments: