Wednesday 30 May 2012

Some quilty fabric purchases!

Yesterday a cyber pal from the AFA group who is also a keen crafter - quilty and knitty - travelled down with her dh and we arranged to get together while she was here!
Luckily we were able to meet early enough on to have the whole afternoon together and at first we visited the lovely Cotton Patch shop which is just up the road from me!
We both resisted buying fabric - but succumbed to a super book!  and I fell in love with a sheepy pattern I think will turn into a nice bag!

I got some lovely bargains and was dead pleased when, while out in the town today, I found that the local Beatties (House of Fraser) were greatly reducing their cotton laminated lightweight material down from £22/m to just £7/m!
I bought a metre each from three all of which will be lovely for some of the gorgeous bags and sandwich "wraps" in the book!

Cotton Patch did have some reduced remnants, but they were still close on £10-£20 each! and I'm so pleased that I didn't buy them!
Although they have a lovely selection, at £24/m its just too much!



NOW all I have to do is match fabrics and trims and start SEWING!
which is what I feel inspired to do.
I don't feel I want to launch into huge projects, but think these will be a nice way back to easing self into a sewing mode again after all this time.
Don't get me wrong, I have used my machine from time to time, but not really for leisure enjoyment purposes ..

2 comments:

makeitsew07 said...

I love the yellow floral ! Can't wait to see what you do with them.

We can do a self-challenge to spur ourselves to sew..

SewIknit2 said...

Yes! I need a challenge aka kick up backside! X