Monday 14 June 2010

Knitting Progress

A few months ago I loaned a book from local library which had some lovely scarf patterns, this is three parts finished and will match my gloves knit earlier and go well with my winter coat. The pattern is a little tedious and is more than 20 rows but am nearly finished so will proceed!
The yarn is the fabulous half price Rowan Scottish Tweed 4 ply and I am enjoying knitting with it. (which is just as well given I've got a huge stash of assorted colours!!)

Here is Cloud! as promised! above is the hem that is knitted separately and below is the completed parts of the cardigan from Rowan's Calmer Collection and just requires sewing up.


I like this yarn and am pleased I picked up another half price pack at the same time in brown - there is another pattern from this book I have my eye on, as well as a couple of choices from knitting magazines too.

This month's Simply Knitting arrived this morning. Handy, as I've got another Hospital appointment for tomorrow and Wed - that will sort me out through the tedium of it all!

The football is on, but I can't be bothered with it. The noise from those dreadful noisy blowy things are putting me off even attempting to feign any interest, one would think in these days of modern technology that the television coverage could offer some sort of special effect to filter out the intrusion of the noise, don't you think? I'm all for a bit of atmosphere, but really THIS is just mind numbing NOISE!

3 comments:

Jules said...

Very lovely yarn Sue!:)

makeitsew07 said...

I love the feel of that Scottish tweed.. so soft and pliable. It must be a dream to knit with. Great progress, Susan!

SewIknit2 said...

Thanks Jules!
Yes, Debs the yarn is FAB to knit with - too bad its being discontinued!
Sue