Monday 31 May 2010

Belated Review (sewing for pleasure)

Bit late for proper review, I know, but in March my good friend Ann, her daughter and group of friends and I decided to have a day out at the Sewing For Pleasure Show. We used to go to each one but lately combination of unwellness and decline in show appeal plus expense of it all we've been giving it a miss.
This year, however, Ann telephoned and announced we were to have a grand day out! hurrah!
We thoroughly enjoyed the day and found it to be very good value as there appeared to be three sections to it this year - the addition of "embroidery" which was very inspirational and welcome too.


I didn't buy much this year, mostly bits and pieces; some labels and charms to sew onto handknits and a couple of pins to make brooches.
Very little in the way of wool, Black Sheep were there with their usual mountain of bargain bags of yarn - they had balls of Noro yarn slightly reduced and I picked up a sock yarn and rather wish I'd picked a couple more! (having found, since, some patterns for accessories using this that look rather yummy!).
Noro Kureyon Sock Yarn. Col S92 Lot E - price? can't remember!

No comments: