Tuesday 3 March 2009

Knitting Update

It hasn't all been shivering under feet of snow with kids home all week or trips out with lovely meals! There has been some knitting action!
Most notably I have finally FINALLY learned to knit two socks on two circulars!
Yay! I'm very proud of myself! And very pleased to have cracked this particular technique.
After completing my sock.1 on 2xcircs I was about to cast on 2nd sock when I discovered I actually had quite a bit more yarn left over and conveniently on two balls! Decided to have another go at following Terry's excellent photo tutorial and managed, this time, to grasp the idea! I've stuck with plain st st basic sock, but I have grand plans for something a bit more exciting next time!
(MUST now buy some super new sock circulars! these rather cheap and nasty ones with terrible joins are really awful!).
I still have my 2nd Seduction Sock to cast on but at the moment I am concentrating on the above which are just at the rather interesting stage of heel flaps.


Martha from Rowan Studio 2 is progressing nicely too! You can see I've knit the back and am at the cable stage for left front - this is a lovely knit and the pattern is easy-peasy-lemon-squeezy and is making me want to knit more cables!
I'm lusting after the jumper on the front cover of The Knitter magazine but I'm resisting so far!

Shoulder is holding up to the demands of this knitting, its little and often thats working best and I'm also paying attention to my posture (when I remember!) and basically not doing loads of anything that might aggravate it - hence less blog/pc time (I find myself increasingly hunching over the keyboard and peering at the monitor after a little time - I really ought to give in and wear glasses! as well as sit up STRAIGHT!).

No comments: