Thursday 12 July 2012

Shawls and Gloves

I seem to have more and more projects on my needles all of a sudden!
The lovely mystery KAL shawl by Wendy Johnson is coming along nicely, I'm up to clue D and plan to do the two sets of increases as per instructions, about half way through my yarn so will be interested to see how much I have or if I need to order another.

Last week I was lucky enough to be gifted one pattern - I chose this one - for having knitted in timely fashion the lovely strawberry socks!

I must have been having a lucky streak, at the same time the lovely Ysolda Teague had a birthday offer of 27% off her selection of patterns and I chose two, one of which is on my needles now!
the lovely Ishbel!  I have CO using the Rowan Fine Lace yarn I bought a while back with a view to knitting a free pattern from the Rowan website, but as I have matching beads I changed my mind and plan to use the yarn and beads for Ishbel instead!!

I'm still at the st st increasing section - it is taking a while because of the other projects I've got on the go but I'm hoping to finish the increases and move onto more exciting charted part soon!

My Marleen socks have not been forgotten!  they are next on my list to pick up and knit! but I am no further on with those than last I reported a month or so ago.


In addition to the excitement of all the shawls and scarves, I have CO a pair of gloves in the now discontinued Rowan scottish tweed 4ply!  I think this MC in the black/fleck is the same shade that my knit-pal-Sally had managed to get off Ebay at a very favourable price!  Tonight at knit-night I hope to compare and catch up!

She promises to bring her latest FO - "Wingspan" and I can't wait to see it as I've had this pattern queued for ages with a view to knitting one every time I see someone else has done so!!

No comments: