Tuesday 25 December 2012

Christmas gifts

What a lovely day we are having!  currently the family are watching dvd sets of NUFC highlights (ought give me, what? a good 20mins then? he-hee!!) and I have had the turkey prepared and ready to cook since this morning!

We got up and got the meal sorted and underway - I like to cook my turkey the "Delia Smith" method so write it out the day before with timings and gas marks for ease of following - by my reckoning we ought be sitting down to enjoy around 3pm.

The family got up and we did the usual gift unwrapping with the cats becoming more and more exciteable as paper got scrunched and chucked!  We feed our cats the day before having experienced too many christmas day heave ups over "meat plus excitement!" they have now both retired to "bed"!!

My husband had a nice surprise of some goodies ordered from the the NUFC site and they are all watching the dvd ..

I had my lovely knitty gifts to unwrap and enjoy!
A special thank you goes to Sally and Brenda my knit pals for their yummy scrummy knitty gifts of book on squiliions of cast on and bind offs, and Knitting Goddess yarn and pattern!
Close to that my YUMMY killing III kit and the highlight = the Colours of Shetland book from Kate Davies which I love!!

Wishing everyone a super day and hoping their stockings were filled with suitable yumminess!




No comments: