Sunday 12 August 2012

The Glorious 12th ..

The Glorious 12th is in fact celebrated on the 13th where it lands on a Sunday ..
Good job it doesn't apply to BIRTHDAYS then!
I've sat since last Thurs squishing a package and had to wait until after 5pm today to open as most of the family were out at WORK! bah!

Yes, its my BIRTHDAY! hurrah! and lots of happy birthday wishes and cards made my day!

Which is why this LOVELY yarn and pattern is so apt!  One of my new knit-club-pals, Brenda, gifted me the pattern last week and only went and ordered the sock yarn as well!  how FAB is that!

it really IS that bright! and whats lovely is the pattern is designed to reflect this - I've added it to my projects/queue already!

Its not a birthday without CAKE ..A triple layer chocolate filled with fudge sauce just because it IS my birthday ..
My brother turned up in the morning with a lovely yellow gift bag - containing a bottle of extremely limited edition (and hard to find! and very expensive!!) JD - honey flavoured no less!
VERY VERY NICE .. warning - you may be tempted - you will like it so if easily tempted stay clear and leave it all for me! I love it!  Who said you can't have JD for breakfast? ;-)

Just in case you want to look out for it!
My brother had had a measure at a pub and his pal had holidayed in US and brought him a small sized bottle as he'd realised it was unusual over here - it certainly makes a change from my usual GIN!

Tonight also sees the end of the OLYMPICS! boo! WHAT are we going to watch NOW the rest of the summer?
its really taken off amongst us and most of my friends, too.  I've enjoyed taking part in the Ravellenics and being part of the TEAM too!  I've ordered my pin! and can't wait to wear it!

We're going to watch the Closing Ceremony in about half an hours time and it will be sad to see the Games finish, but a lot of pride in how it went and especially for the FABULOUS and successful TEAM GB! we finished third in the end on the Medal Table - well done our athletes! they did us proud!


1 comment:

Val said...

Ha! You won't be able to call yourself 'gin-soaked' now! Sounds gorgeous. I want to rush out and find some! Val x