Sunday 25 August 2013

half Price Bargains

Well after all I said about not buying any more yarn and what does John Lewis go and do?  only reduce to half price all its lovely Fyberspates Scrumptious ranges!!
I bought two hanks of the lovely 4ply in Oyster and one in laceweight in Rose Pink and they are currently sitting inside my drawer on our coffee table making it look all pretty inside!  They will - eventually - be knitted up.  I plan to use the 4ply for the lovely Guernsey Triangle pattern gifted to me by a knit night pal for my recent birthday and the laceweight is just such a useful colour its bound to suit some pattern - possibly even another Ishbel?


Unfortunately it sounds as though the lovely Yarnwise magazine is going to be cancelled and stop after this current issue out in the shops.  I am disappointed as its one magazine I've always looked forward to right from the early "Yarn Forward" days - I wasn't in it right at the beginning but I do have issues from early onwards which I shall keep including this the last one.

I bought an issue of The Knitter which is my favourite of all knitting magazines to send to my swap pal in US in exchange for the lovely unofficial HP magazine - next to books are magazines I just love them. 
Waiting patiently now for Sock Society to come into the shop I have Rachel's self published book and will buy this one too I already have the Fine Art sock yarn in anticipation!
With all this you'd be forgiven for thinking I'm knitting up a storm - actually I'm not! I am mostly sitting in the garden reading my kindle!  I've got to about 30% of the way through LOTR and have downloaded another 3 books - I love my kindle its great and so easy to pick up and read.
Our son and my dh both bought the kindle fire and love them too I almost can't imagine how we managed without our "gadgets"!

There will be knitting soon I promise!  I've bought home two packs of wool for knitting garments for this season and will take photos and share details next time, perhaps I will have finished Dingle too.


No comments: